Monday, March 2, 2009

Wednesday, Feb. 25

The days are dwindling down to our departure for home. This morning I decided it was time to finish my contribution to the latest Rainbow Connection project. I spent the morning "stitching in the ditch" on the borders of the 12 quilt blocks. Betty will do likewise on the star that is central to each block. The binding is the last job for completion, but I will be leaving before that is ready to be hemmed. After finishing with the quilt, I sewed four small blocks using Betty's fabric scraps. They will be made into a 12 inch square, which I am taking home for a souvenir of Betty's variety of fabrics. I will be sending her four blocks of the same size made of my scrap fabrics, and eventually, a quilt will be made with a variety of blocks from other quilters in the group.

Later in the afternoon, Ellen and her family visited. The boys started playing with various toys, went out to feed the chooks with Rod, and occupied themselves, with a little help from the adults. Before Betty arrived home from work, we had decided to have the family stay for "take out" supper. We chose Thai food, and had a good time tasting a variety of dishes, and enjoying more time with everyone.

No comments: