Thursday, February 19, 2009

Summer day

Today is sunny and breezy, birds are singing (frogs sing at night in the back yard) and it makes us realize that we will not be enjoying weather like this once we return home--at least not right away. We have also checked the local papers to find out there was a 3-6 inch snow storm in the Berkshires.

Each of us is doing our "own thing" today. Barre and Surrey have been discussing their project, and Surrey has been resting as well. Barre has also been reading a book by Bill Bryson, the Mother Tongue, English and How it Got that Way. I have been doing some hand sewing of labels on finished quilts (to be sent to the bush fire victims in Victoria), and "stitching in the ditch" on the most recent quilt finished by the group, but needing the final "finish". Betty has been on the computer for a lot of her time today, working at home on all the details of her course work, which must be ready for the start of the new academic year at UTS. She is co-ordinator for course work of approximately 400 students each semester.

We are enjoying each day here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marion

I am just testing out this business of leaving a comment. If I click on the 'comments' link under each of your entries I get a pop-up window that lets me type. Then I scroll down further and authenticate with a funny word. Then I have a choice of signing in as a Google person with username and password or a number of other options that includes 'anonymous' which does not require a password. I have done this one as anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Well today we have rain and another snow storm on the way. IT IS still WINTER after all. UNH beat BC both games, as you must know by now. Hoping to get playoff home ice...

Looking forward to your return and the game on the 28. Will you be coming early on saturday? We will plan a supper.

Katy & Dick

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Just figured this out. Took me awhile, but I finally found the blog Marion. All is well here as Paul mentioned in his email. I'll keep in touch. I'll also try to e-mail you the pic of my first Project Linus quilt. Michelle